The Law Office of Jason T. Komninos, located 4 blocks from the Bergen County Court House in Hackensack, New Jersey is asked many questions regarding the law.

I live out of state but I received a traffic ticket in New Jersey.  I want to fight the ticket but I live far away and might not be able to come to court.  How can a lawyer help me?

It is important to note that different states treat New Jersey traffic violations differently.  However, if you are concerned about points transferring over to your record or you just want to avoid insurance surcharges, you can hire a local lawyer to help.

New Jersey law allows you to “Plea by Affidavit.”  This means that a lawyer can appear in court on your behalf to negotiate a plea bargain that may reduce or eliminate your points or fines.  You would be responsible for submitting the affidavit to court, but you can do this by mail.  Please note that a judge may still require you to appear in court.

Call Jason T. Komninos, Esq. at (201) 343-4622 to schedule a consultation.