The Law Office of Jason T. Komninos, located 4 blocks from the Bergen County Court House in Hackensack, New Jersey is asked many questions regarding the law.

I have already been convicted of a charge. What can I do about it now?

New Jersey allows several remedies to a defendant who has previously been convicted or has entered a guilty plea to a charge.

Appeal: If you feel that the Municipal Court or Superior Court you were convicted in made a mistake, you may be able to appeal your case to the next level of the judicial system.

Expungements: Under certain circumstances, an individual may be able to “erase” their record.  This involves filing a petition with the court.

Post-Conviction Relief: There may have been errors in the way your case was handled at the trial level or the penalties impose may have been too severe.  If so, a Motion for Post-Conviction Relief may be appropriate.

Call Jason T. Komninos, Esq. at (201) 343-4622 to schedule a consultation.